Best fall pasta dish ever and done in less than 15 minutes! Can you believe it? Yes, it can be done!
I just love the cheesy and sweet taste of this sauce. It is very easy to make, but you need pumpkin puree on stock. Here is how I make mine. You can add more veggies if you want. Just make sure you eat the dish straight away as it dries out fast. Once the dish has cooled, it can be refreshed with some stored pasta water and reheated.
Penne Rigate in Pumpkin Sauce
Servings 4 portions
- 250 grams of penne rigate
- 250 grams of pumpkin puree
- 40 grams of butter
- 100 grams of mature cheddar cheese
- 80 grams of swiss chard
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Twig of parsley
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Start by cooking your pasta in hot salty water until done.
- Chop up the swiss chard and cook in on little olive oil for a couple of minutes until it welts. Add butter, pumpkin puree, grated cheese and about 3 dl of hot water (take it from the cooking pasta pot). Season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg and stir until cheese melts and sauce nicely combines.
- Drain cooked pasta (save some water if needed to add more to the dish) and stir it with the squash sauce, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Leave A Comment