Chicken taquitos can be a great snack or even lunch, dinner. I like to serve them with dipping sauce and some fresh vegetables.
The fried tortilla gives such a special taste, everything comes together nicely crispy and soft in the middle. You can also season the meat in other ways, just have to make sure that the pieces are not too thick and that you fry slowly so that the meat is not raw in the end.
Taquitos can also be vegetarian, just instead of meat use zucchini (see photo bellow), bell peppers or something else.
Servings 3 portions
- 500 grams of chicken steak
- 8 tortillas (medium size)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Vegetable oil
- Cut the meat to ribbons (about 2 cm thick and to 8 cm long) and think about getting around 32 pieces, if you get more no worries. Season it with salt and lemon juice and stir. You can let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Cut your tortilla, each one to 4 equal pieces. Like pizza slices. You can also cut to more slices if you need it to.Then place the meat on some kitchen towels to dry it out. Take a few toothpicks and break it on half to get smaller ones.
- Assemble the taquitos like so: take a piece of chicken and place it on the pointy angle of tortilla, then roll it in and close with a toothpick so it doesn’t open. Continue until you use up all ingredients.
- Heat up oil in a pot, not to hot, just enough to simmer when you ad in taquitos. Fry and turn for a couple minutes until nicely brown and make sure the meat is cooked properly so just cut one open. When baked place taquitos on a kitchen towel to drain, then don’t forget to remove the toothpicks and serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy.
Leave A Comment