If you are looking for a quick, easy and delicious pasta dish, you came to the right place. These Cashew Spaghetti are done in about 15 minutes, are creamy, nutty, kind of sweet and with a crunchy topping.
You can even make it a bit easier and leave out the carrots, if you want. But I personally like to add just a little veggies if I can, and carrots do blend in very nicely.
Two things to look out when preparing this meal: make sure you cook up the garlic, so it doesn’t taste raw and don’t through away the water that pasta was cooking in. It’s perfect to loosen up the sauce and makes it nice and creamy. You can also add more water to the dish later, when pasta soaks it in.
Servings 3 portions
- 250 grams of spaghetti
- 1 bigger carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- 2 table spoons of cashew butter
- 1 table spoon of lemon juice
- 1 table spoon of soy sauce
- 0,5 table spoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Roasted, chopped cashew nuts
- Chopped parsley
- Lemon slices
- Roast the cashew nuts in a pan for a minute or two. Leave to cool down and roughly chop them.
- Cook spaghetti in hot salty water and then drain it but save some starchy water.
- While spaghetti is cooking, peel and roughly grate the carrot, add it to a pot with coconut oil and cook for a minute or two. In this time you can peel, crush and add garlic, also grate and add ginger. Cook until garlic no longer tastes raw.
- Then add about 2 dl of pasta water (and more if needed) and other sauce ingredients (cashew butter, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt) and stir until creamy. Taste if you want to adjust any seasoning.Add the pasta and stir it up. Serve straight away, topped with chopped cashews, parsley and some lemon.
Leave A Comment