Delicious and strong bean stew recipe with pasta.
This Bean Wtew with Orecchiette Pasta is easy to prepare, but it needs to be stirred regularly so that it does not stick to the bottom, especially when it is thicker and you are already cooking pasta inside. You can add another type of pasta as desired. The cooking time of carrots and pasta is prolonged due to tomatoes.
You can save time and cook the pasta separately and add them to the dish at the end, but I think that it is tastier cooked together.
It is recommended to serve the dish immediately, over time, when it cools, it also thickens more, but it can be diluted with a little water.
Bean stew with Orecchiette Pasta
Servings 4 portions
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 can of whole tomatoes (400 grams)
- 1 can of red beans (410 grams)
- 1 can of brown beans (410 grams)
- 150 grams of orecchiette pasta
- Pinch of sugar
- Black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of marjoram
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Chop up the onion and cook it on olive oil in a pot until translucent. Peel carrots and cut it to little cubes then add to the onion. Cook for a few minutes.
- Blend one can of brown beans with a can of whole tomatoes until smooth. Then add it to the pot with 6 dl of water. Season with little salt, black pepper, marjoram and a pinch of sugar and cook until carrot is soft, about 40 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Then add in red beans and pasta and cook until done and everything thickens up. For me it took 30 minutes. Add water in the pot if you feel like it is too thick.Sprinkle chopped parsley at the end and serve hot, topped with sour cream, cheese or other.
Leave A Comment