Asparagus Bacon Penne Rigate dish is very easy to cook and also quick as it is done in 15 minutes. I love the taste of crispy thin bacon, so make sure you cook bacon until browned . Then leave it on a plate to get firm.
Starchy water from cooked pasta is super important, so save it to add it to the dish at the end that makes it moist and creamy.
Asparagus Bacon Penne Rigate pasta meal dries out quickly so you need to serve it straight away. When it’s cold heat it up with the help of some more leftover water from pasta.
Also done in 15 minutes is my Lemon Prawn Pasta, check out the recipe here.
Asparagus Bacon Penne Rigate
Servings 4 portions
- 250 grams of pasta (penne rigate)
- 500 grams of asparagus
- 100 grams of thin, smoked bacon
- 200 ml of cooking cream
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh chives
- Start cooking your pasta by instructions, when it’s done, drain it but save some starchy water that pasta was cooking in.
- In this time slice bacon to pieces and cook it in a pan while stirring until it browns up. Then put it on a plate and leave for it to get crispy while it’s cooling down.
- Remove the stiff parts of asparagus, chop asparagus to smaller pieces and stir fry it in a pan with remained bacon fat, for a couple of minutes. Add more olive oil if needed. Season it with salt and pepper.
- When asparagus is soft, stir in cooking cream and add cooked pasta, chopped chives and bacon and stir. Also add some starchy water to make it moist. Pasta will sulk up the moisture so serve it quickly while it’s still silky.
Leave A Comment